Technical Sales Coordinator Job Description
GMB Heavy Industries is an innovative leader in the development and manufacturing of finishing-end steel mill equipment for bar mills throughout North America. Our designed solutions include cooling beds, entry troughs, interstands, gearboxes, and other finishing end equipment. Our capabilities include engineering, manufacturing, program management, and installation. Our turnkey solutions are developed in consultation with our customers to ensure ease of operation, maximum productivity, and user-friendly maintenance.
The Technical Sales Coordinator works with purchasing department supporting the company to facilitate the successful sales. This position liaises with both the procurement and engineering teams to complete project estimates, and with the manufacturing and logistics departments to complete the sales. No two days are the same for this position, but common themes include a customer service focus, and an attention to detail. The technical Sales Coordinator has to make sure all the files are updated in company’s database and excel sheets.
- Detail oriented and organized, as most of the day to day responsibilities include updating directories, saving documents, quotes & customer communications in databank with the ability to prioritize and manage your time effectively.
- A college diploma or degree in a technical subject is an asset (for example mechanical engineering, product development & manufacturing).
- Manage operation of accounts through responding to customers, arranging sales meetings and communications with vendors
- Conduct follow up with customers on orders, quotes and Installation request
- Develop proposals and quotes based upon client needs, specifications and engineering drawings.
- Proficiency: Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Identifying and converting high-quality ‘preferred’ customers to support growth and meet spare parts sales targets
- Delivering & writing sales presentations to prospective customers at businesses, trade shows, etc.
- Support management team with engineering drawing submittals, fabrication work order creation, printing, archiving and/or filing of records
- Performing customer follow-up and account management
- Motivated with good social skills
- Technically minded, so that you can understand and explain a mechanical product.
- Mechanical/Electrical/Millwright aptitude considered an asset
- Strong morals and ethics
- Focus and dedication to role
- Commitment to privacy and confidentiality
- Analytical thinking, critical thinking, and judgement
- Strong interactive communication skills both verbal and written
- Planning and Organization